Hearts of Oak Sporting Club Limited have officially outdoored new Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Mark David Noonan and 12 new players at a ceremony in Accra ahead of the 2017/2018 league season.
In a short ceremony held Wednesday afternoon at the premises of Strategic Africa Securities, Board Chairman Togbe Afede XIV in an opening address introduced American marketing magnate, Mr. Mark David Noonan as the club’s new CEO.
Togbe Afede believes Mr. Noonan’s worth of experience will go a long way to reflect the dream and the new direction of the club and also make Hearts of Oak a preferred brand.
“We have had a number of CEOs in the past six years that my Board took over this great club to even the fans choice but I believe in the experience of Mr. Noonan and I think with all that he has accomplished in Football, he will help Hearts of Oak rise again”, Togbe said.
The MLS marketing guru in his response expressed his pleasure to be a part of the club, adding that he believes he can contribute to finding answers to the many problems confronting the game in Ghana as a whole.
He said it is his expectation that the many supporters and media will remain positive and show some amount of fairness in addressing their many grievances.
“I am happy to be a part of a great club like this and together we will work to get the best for the club. I expect more respect and fairness from the media in addressing and communicating the issues of Hearts of Oak”, Mark Noonan added.
The new Chief Executive Officer will see to the day-to-day administration for the next three years and has been tasked to lead the club back to winning ways.
Twelve new players were later introduced to all present and this included two newly promoted striker and goalkeeper from their junior side, Auroras and three foreigners from neighbouring African countries.
The players are:
- Christopher Bonney , defender(Dwarfs)
- Joseph Esso, Attacking Midfielder (Dwarfs)
- Selasie Blessing, Striker (Auroras)
- Benjamin Agyare, defender (Heart of Lions)
- Evans Quao, Defender (Asante Kotoko)
- Camara Nguessan , Midfielder (Ivory Coast)
- Abubakar Traore, Striker(Burkina Faso)
- Radji Okemba, Winger (Congo)
- Richard Baido , Goal keeper(Auroras)
- Theopilus Jackson, Goal keeper (WAFA)
- Benjamin Afutu , Midfielder (Karela FC)
- Fatawu Mohammed (Renewed his contract)
Source : Adomonline.com